Aiden asked me if Christian was "almost a big man like Dada." I told him not yet, but he's getting older. I thought it was a cute question, so I called Christian in and told him what Aiden had said. Christian likes the idea of being a "big man", and he said jokingly, "Yes, Aiden, I'm almost a big man!" Aiden started crying and said, "No! You're my boy!"
Noah's getting to be more fun too. His personality is really shining
through these days, and he reminds me a lot of TiAhnna. He's a little sneaky, but sweet about it. He tries to charm his way out of trouble! He's more of a go-getter like Christian, with some aspects of Tia's personality. While Aiden is mesmerized by Barney or Elmo or The Backyardigans, Noah's puttering around the room turning on/off the laser disc player (one of Tim's finds; like the guy who remembers the eight track's heyday and keeps it for the memories!); climbing onto the trunk and sitting on it with his hands in his lap while swinging his legs back and forth off the side with a huge grin on his face despite the fact he's not supposed to be there; climbing onto the L-shaped couch and squealing as he runs the length of it until I catch him and make him return to solid ground. Yesterday he crawled into the bath tub while Aiden was going potty and turned on the water, soaking his feet and pant legs. I took him out, turned around to get a change of clothes, and when I turned back to him he was already back in the tub about to turn the water back on. Aiden will sit happily looking at books- he's liked them since he was an infant- but Noah rarely has time for that. He'd rather rip pages out than turn them and look at the pictures. I can't tell you how many books he's ruined.
through these days, and he reminds me a lot of TiAhnna. He's a little sneaky, but sweet about it. He tries to charm his way out of trouble! He's more of a go-getter like Christian, with some aspects of Tia's personality. While Aiden is mesmerized by Barney or Elmo or The Backyardigans, Noah's puttering around the room turning on/off the laser disc player (one of Tim's finds; like the guy who remembers the eight track's heyday and keeps it for the memories!); climbing onto the trunk and sitting on it with his hands in his lap while swinging his legs back and forth off the side with a huge grin on his face despite the fact he's not supposed to be there; climbing onto the L-shaped couch and squealing as he runs the length of it until I catch him and make him return to solid ground. Yesterday he crawled into the bath tub while Aiden was going potty and turned on the water, soaking his feet and pant legs. I took him out, turned around to get a change of clothes, and when I turned back to him he was already back in the tub about to turn the water back on. Aiden will sit happily looking at books- he's liked them since he was an infant- but Noah rarely has time for that. He'd rather rip pages out than turn them and look at the pictures. I can't tell you how many books he's ruined.
On the subject of books, I read Aiden Olivia and some nursery rhymes from The Real Mother Goose (I bought one from Barnes and Noble just like the one I had when I was a kid). He loves them! He keeps them on the table in his room and looks at them all the time, talking to himself or anyone who will listen about Jack jumping over the candle stick or Wee Willy Weenky; or Olivia making the Empire State Building instead of a sand castle or waking up and moving her cat Edwi
n before brushing her teeth and ears. As a book lover, I love to see him enjoying books so much. I hope that as Noah gets older he can enjoy books too. When Christian and TiAhnna were young, it was Christian who sat still while I read to him and Tiahnna who wiggled around distracted.


1 comment:
Oh my gosh. I had that same Mother Goose book too and loved it. I never would have thought to buy it! I have never heard of Olivia, that looks cute too.
I love Noah's age when their little personality's shine through. Allie is just a little older and she is so much fun. Darrell taught her that my name is "Creepy" so, that is what she calls me! It sounds horrible, but in her cute little voice, it's adorable!
Post a Comment